A nice gift for any good friend - even if she uses a different monthly hygiene.
Cherry Pit Pillow Size: 19 x 19 cm
Every third woman suffers from menstrual cramps. Spasmodic pain in the lower abdomen occur frequently. Abdominal pain may arise before and during the period. Home remedies with a decongestant effect can relieve the pain. The cherry stone pillow has long been proven for this application. Heat promotes blood circulation and can release cramps.
A Cherry Pit Pillow is a portable, non-electric heating pad that is filled with cherry pits. When heated, it will provide a soothing, penetrating heat that helps to relieve aches, pains, headaches, stress, tension and more. The heat last for about 20-30 minutes.
When warmed in the microwave or in the oven, it becomes a safe, portable heating pad. Chill it in the freezer and you have a convenient, comfortable cold pack.
Cherry pits are very good at holding heat and cold. When a Cherry Pit Pillow is placed in the microwave, the center heats up and the shell holds the heat, and the heat is transferred on to the body when being worn. The Cherry Pits can settle into the “nooks, crannies and curves” of the body to deliver a very penetrating heat or cold.
Each time you heat the cherry pit pillow in the microwave or in the oven, it sterilizes the fabric. There is no need to regularly wash the pillow.
If spot cleaning is needed, hand wash in cold water and dry flat on paper towels.
Cherry pit pillows may be washed in a washing machine. Wash separately or with like colors. Minimal shrinkage may occur.
Heating the Pillow in the Microwave
Make sure the pillow is centered in the microwave oven and does not touch the walls, allowing the turntable to rotate freely. Fold and rearrange larger pillows to fit them in smaller microwaves.
Begin heating the pillow with the lowest wattage setting of your microwave oven and increase in small increments. Take the pillow out of the oven after 30 seconds, shake the content, and check the temperature. Repeat these steps until the pillow is hot to the touch, but be careful not to overheat.
Heating the Pillow in a Conventional Oven
Do not warm the pillow in an oven with an open flame. Use extra caution when using a conventional oven for heating the cherry pit pillow.
Preheat the conventional oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degree Celsius) and place the pillow on a heat resistant glass or porcelain dish. Immediately TURN OFF the oven and let the pillow heat for 15 minutes. NEVER should the pillow be left in an oven while the oven is still turned on.
Cooling the Cherry Pit Pillow
Place the cherry pit pillow in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the desired temperature is reached.
- Be careful not to overheat the pillow! It can get hot enough to burn you or even start a fire!
- Do not leave the oven unattended during heating.
- Never allow a child to warm the cherry stone compress without adult supervision, and never leave the product unattended within easy reach of children.
- Before heating, do not spray any flammable liquids on the compress, including oils, perfumes and other liquids that can cause ignition.
- Before heating, spray with water occasionally to prevent cherry stones from drying out.
- Make sure the pillow does not touch the microwave oven walls and that it is centered to allow for complete rotations of the turntable.
- Before using heating compress, check if it is not too hot.
- The compress can be heated repeatedly. Let it cool down completely before reheating!
- The manual of your microwave manufacturer and the instructions for use of the cherry pit pillow manufacturer must be strictly observed.