This cup is slightly shorter than the standard Me Luna® cups. The Me Luna® SHORTY allows women who have a shorter vagina or lowered cervix to wear a menstrual cup comfortably. The product line Me Luna® SHORTY is offered in 4 sizes and available in frimnesslevels Classic, Sport and Soft. Me Luna® SHORTY replaces the previous lower cervix product line Me Luna® MINI.
Dimensions: greatest diameter 44mm, length 41mm without grip.
Volume: 22ml to the brim, 14ml to the holes.
Included in delivery: 1 Me Luna® menstrual cup, 1 Me Luna® microfiber bag.
The Me Luna® SHORTY Cups are 30% shorter than normal menstrual cups. This product line was designed for women who need shorter cups due to their gynecological conditions.
The Me Luna® SHORTY sizes are commonly used:
- by women who have a very low cervix during menstruation
- by women who have a very short vaginal canal
- by women who have a prolapsed uterus
You can find more information about the required size on this page: Size guide
We would like to know your opinion!
Share your experiences with other customers and rate this product. An archive of previous ratings can be found HERE.
Detailed customer opinions are the only real way of helping other Me Luna® cup users.
So please use our specially designed form to leave a rating: REVIEW
Many thanks! The Me Luna team
Important information about the three degrees of softness of Me Luna® menstrual cups
Why Classic is still too soft for some women and why Sport can be ideal not only for sporty women.
A menstrual cup must be easy to insert and then unfold fully inside the vagina. Only then will it work perfectly and form a proper seal. Pressure from the surrounding muscles must not prevent the menstrual cup from unfolding. A menstrual cup should not remain pressed flat under any circumstances. The material must therefore have a certain amount of tension. Being able to insert and position a menstrual cup quickly and simply is also something that many users really appreciate. This is another reason why a menstrual cup must have enough tension.
However, it goes without saying that the cup should not feel uncomfortably hard for you. A menstrual cup should create no sensation of pressure whatsoever.
When inserted, and provided your cup fits and is in the correct position, you will not feel a thing. You will only feel a sensation of pressure if the cup is not sitting correctly and is too big for you. The degree of softness is not to blame in this case, but the dimensions of the menstrual cup.
Me Luna® Classic
Me Luna® Classic is our best-selling menstrual cup. It is therefore available in a large range of colours. The Classic degree of softness is medium-soft and suitable for most women. Me Luna® Classic is pleasantly soft, but still firm enough to ensure that your menstrual cup can unfold after it is inserted. 97% of our customers find Me Luna® Classic to be comfortable and not too hard. The Me Luna® Classic is too soft for some women. For women with well-toned pelvic floor muscles, the unfolding of the cup is a bit laborious and can take some time.
Me Luna® Sport
The Sport degree of softness is a slightly harder menstrual cup. This menstrual cup offers a higher degree of tension. When you press it together, you can feel the force with which it springs back. This high tension means that it can unfold perfectly, even against the pressure of the surrounding muscles, and will therefore maintain a seal even during physical exertion. Very few women find Me Luna® Sport to be uncomfortable during insertion, and this is usually just during their first few uses when they are still inexperienced. Many customers get on very well with the harder material as the cup unfolds perfectly and repositioning is not usually necessary. Using the Me Luna® Sport saves time above all else. Thanks to the excellent positioning of this menstrual cup, many women have far fewer problems with the cup leaking.
Who is Me Luna® Sport suitable for?
Me Luna® Sport was initially developed specifically for women with especially strong pelvic floor muscles and who are physically active. But this cup also offers clear benefits for women who are not into sport. We recommend Me Luna® Sport
- for women whose athletic fitness is above average, or who have well-toned pelvic floor muscles. Some sports and exercises have a strong effect on the pelvic floor muscles. These include, in particular: yoga, horse riding, pilates, weight training, kegel exercises, pole dancing. If you practise any of the exercises and sports listed above, then you should definitely choose Me Luna® Sport.
- for women who are slim, of normal physical fitness, under 25 and have not given birth. You can generally assume that your pelvic floor muscles are still in tip-top shape!
- for any woman with normal muscle tone who likes a menstrual cup to unfold easily and quickly.
Me Luna® Soft
The material feels very soft and is quite easy to press together. However, most of the tension is lost compared with the Me Luna® Classic. The Soft degree of softness is very soft and barely springs back at all. The Me Luna® Soft is more difficult to insert and unfold, and requires much more dexterity and patience. If the pressure from the surrounding muscles is too strong, there is the risk that the menstrual cup will not unfold correctly inside the vagina and will not form a seal. For many women, Me Luna® Soft does not unfold properly or at all. For these reasons, we recommend the Me Luna® Soft only on rare occasions and subject to very specific conditions.
Who is Me Luna® Soft suitable for?
Me Luna® Soft has been specifically developed for women who are particularly sensitive. In this case, it is sometimes worthwhile using a very soft material and spending more time inserting and correctly unfolding the menstrual cup. In some cases, women who are particularly sensitive to pressure and pain as a result of ureteritis require a very soft menstrual cup.
A very soft menstrual cup does not offer any advantage when it comes to application or achieving a better seal.
Our Me Luna® menstrual cups are available in three different degrees of softness. So that you always know the degree of softness of a menstrual cup, the same colour is not available across different degrees of softness. For example, if you have a red Me Luna® menstrual cup, then it is definitely a Me Luna® in the Classic degree of softness. This means there can be no confusion, either within our company or for our customers who already have several Me Luna® cups.
Me Luna® menstrual cups in size SHORTY L are available in these colours:
Select your grip
The small ball, the practical ring, the secure stem or the Basic model with no grip.
Information about Me Luna® Basic
Very few women can use a menstrual cup without a grip. We do not provide the basic model in the SHORTY product line.
How can I order the Me Luna® Basic (without grip)?
- From the models available, select the Me Luna® cup you want with a stem.
- Add the Me Luna® with a stem to the shopping basket and proceed to checkout.
- You will see a message box at the end of the ordering process.
- Please write BASIC in here. We will then remove the stem from your Me Luna®.
Tip: you can also shorten the stem of Me Luna® menstrual cups yourself, or cut it off altogether. Make sure you use a good pair of scissors and cut it to the length you require. Please be careful not to damage the cup itself.
What are the advantages of a Me Luna® menstrual cup over tampons or sanitary towels?
- In her fertile years, a woman uses around 10,000 sanitary towels or tampons. The Me Luna® can be used over many years and is therefore a far more cost-effective form of menstrual protection from a long-term perspective.
- The Me Luna® is the most environmentally friendly period product available. The fact that it can be reused over several years means that packaging does not end up in the rubbish month after month, and used tampons and sanitary towels do not have to be disposed of with the household waste.
- Depending on its size, a Me Luna® menstrual cup can hold much more liquid than tampons or sanitary towels, meaning you can remain carefree for longer. You do not have to carry any spare sanitary towels or tampons with you.
- Because the Me Luna® does not absorb any liquid, it does not dry out the mucous membrane like tampons do and so does not have any negative effect on the vaginal flora. It does not leave any fibres behind in the vagina and can be inserted for use with any menstrual flow.
- Using a Me Luna® menstrual cup can help women who are prone to vaginal infections, fungal diseases, allergies or a sensitive mucous membrane by protecting their vaginal mucous membrane.
- Me Luna® does not contain any bleaching agents, deodorants or absorbent gels. The Me Luna® is free from PVC, silicon, latex and proteins, and is therefore antiallergenic.
We offer Me Luna® instruction manuals in many languages.
Here you can download the latest versions as a PDF file: