Dimensions: greatest diameter 38mm, length 45mm without grip.
Volume: 23ml to the brim, 15ml to the holes.
Included in delivery: 1 Me Luna® menstrual cup, 1 Me Luna® microfiber bag.
Size S is commonly used:
- by young girls, also by virgins
- by women who only use the smallest size tampons
- by women who use small and regular tampons and do not have heavy periods
- by women who have not yet had children
- by women who have had one child, but never require large tampons
This size is rarely used:
- by women who have had several children
- by women who often require large tampons
- by women with weakened pelvic floor muscles
This size may be unsuitable:
- if small and regular tampons do not work well for you
- if you only use large tampons
- if you are over 40 and have had several children
You can find more information about the required size on this page: Size guide
Important information about the three degrees of softness of Me Luna® menstrual cups
Why Classic is still too soft for some women and why Sport can be ideal not only for sporty women.
A menstrual cup must be easy to insert and then unfold fully inside the vagina. Only then will it work perfectly and form a proper seal. Pressure from the surrounding muscles must not prevent the menstrual cup from unfolding. A menstrual cup should not remain pressed flat under any circumstances. The material must therefore have a certain amount of tension. Being able to insert and position a menstrual cup quickly and simply is also something that many users really appreciate. This is another reason why a menstrual cup must have enough tension. However, it goes without saying that the cup should not feel uncomfortably hard for you. A menstrual cup should create no sensation of pressure whatsoever. For more information on the Me Luna® softness levels, see: Selecting Me Luna® Softness Level
Select your grip
The small ball, the practical ring, the secure stem or the Basic model with no grip.
Information about Me Luna® Basic: Very few women can use a menstrual cup without a grip. The Basic Me Luna® model is only produced in a few colours.
How can I order the Me Luna® Basic (without grip)?
- From the models available, select the Me Luna® cup you want with a stem.
- Add the Me Luna® with a stem to the shopping basket and proceed to checkout.
- You will see a message box at the end of the ordering process.
- Please write BASIC in here. We will then remove the stem from your Me Luna®.
Tip: you can also shorten the stem of Me Luna® menstrual cups yourself, or cut it off altogether. Make sure you use a good pair of scissors and cut it to the length you require. Please be careful not to damage the cup itself.
What are the advantages of a Me Luna® menstrual cup over tampons or sanitary towels?
- In her fertile years, a woman uses around 10,000 sanitary towels or tampons. The Me Luna® can be used over many years and is therefore a far more cost-effective form of menstrual protection from a long-term perspective.
- The Me Luna® is the most environmentally friendly period product available. The fact that it can be reused over several years means that packaging does not end up in the rubbish month after month, and used tampons and sanitary towels do not have to be disposed of with the household waste.
- Depending on its size, a Me Luna® menstrual cup can hold much more liquid than tampons or sanitary towels, meaning you can remain carefree for longer. You do not have to carry any spare sanitary towels or tampons with you.
- Because the Me Luna® does not absorb any liquid, it does not dry out the mucous membrane like tampons do and so does not have any negative effect on the vaginal flora. It does not leave any fibres behind in the vagina and can be inserted for use with any menstrual flow.
- Using a Me Luna® menstrual cup can help women who are prone to vaginal infections, fungal diseases, allergies or a sensitive mucous membrane by protecting their vaginal mucous membrane.
- Me Luna® does not contain any bleaching agents, deodorants or absorbent gels. The Me Luna® is free from PVC, silicon, latex and proteins, and is therefore antiallergenic.